Our Environmental Statement
Hunter Panels, a polyisocyanurate insulation manufacturer, recognizes the importance of reducing their environmental impact to our planet. Hunter Panels continually strives to promote the use of sustainable building solutions with the products and services that they offer, while improving their competitive advantage, marketplace growth, and duty as citizens of the planet.
Areas of focus include: Innovative Sustainable Product Design and Offerings, Promote Sustainable Manufacturing Practices using natural resources, Encourage and engage Employee Responsibility, and Build Community Outreach and Global Alliances.
Hunter Panels will continually work to implement new solutions while improving our product offerings, work environment and environmental impact to our planet.
Office Design:Our carpet is made from recycled carpets.
We used low voc paint
We have bamboo flooring
Our desk modules are made to be sustainable. Made by sustainable office products by Herman Miller. http://www.hermanmiller.com/
Appliances:All appliances in our office are "Energy Star" rated with the exception of an ancient vending machine that is 300 years old
Individual desk heaters have to be eliminated
Our Heat and A.C. are on a thermostats
Next Steps: We are currently meeting with a building engineer to discuss ways to improve HVAC efficiencies
Paper Products:All of our paper products are from recycled material including, office paper, paper plates, toilet paper, and paper towels
Our Plastic utensils are also made from recycled material.
Recycling:We currently recycle all paper products and cardboard boxes, recycle containers are set up all over the office and at individual workstations
We currently recycle all plastic bottles and donate the proceeds to charity (we eliminated individual plastic water bottles in the office and now have a water dispenser)
Next Steps: Set up recycling for cans, glass items, plastic wrap
Cleaning Products:We use Earth friendly cleaning products and no aerosol products.
Lighting:When requiring replacement, new "low energy" bulbs & compact fluorescent bulbs are used
Employees:Two employees carpool
One employee takes the bus
Next Steps: Encourage more carpooling, biking and other means to save on fuel
Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
All Hunter products manufactured in the last ___ years are CFC and HCFC-free. In the case of extruded polystyrene, availability may continue until 2010. The Owner, Consultant, Architect, and Contractor have a choice between stratospheric ozone depletion and its protection.
Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP)
The global warming potential of Hunter products is negligible and considered zero by the U.S. EPA.
Hunter H-Shield polyisocyanurate roof insulation, either with Hunter labels or on a private label basis has recovered or recycled content of the foam core of 9% minimum. The recovered/recycled content of the H-Shield insulation’s core stems solely from the polyol component of the formulation. The polyol component, along with the isocyanurate and blowing agents, are the major ingredients of the foam core. Additionally, the facer contains 75% recycled cellulose. Recycled Content Chart
Currently there is not an ASTM standard for type of felt. There is however a classification for felt/facer type used in manufacturing polyisocyanurate. Hunter Panels manufactures using a Type 1 facer (foil), Type 2, Class 1 (standard black), Type 2 and Class 2 (latex or polymer coated glass). H-Shield by Hunter Panels meets the minimum percentage of recycled content as established by the United States EPA guidelines under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1978 ( Public Law 94-580, 42 U.S.C. Sec. 6901 et seq.).
Waste produced during the manufacturing process of H-Shield can be diverted from the waste stream by using it in packaging and in the manufacture of other Hunter insulation products.
Hunter Panels campus sustainable marketing efforts:
- Minimize printed documents by creating and using on line tools, web sites: on line forms, on line literature, ordering and fulfillment of manufacturing labels, ordering and fulfillment of samples and literature, ordering and fulfillment of promotional items, ordering trade show booths, e binder, business cards, credit app etc.
- Major marketing Suppliers email invoices rather than sending them in the mail
- All literature is printed with sustainable methods whenever possible - FSC, recycled, soy based inks, (we eliminated some of our crack an peel labels for samples and changed them to recycled paper) Our binder is recycled too! when we designed the new one we eliminated a bunch of pages that we deemed unnecessary to print - but still available on the web site. Next Steps: Everything has been converted to sustainable printing practices except one set of manufacturing labels which we are looking into changing in the next 12 months. Next Steps: We are looking into a recycled poly wrap as an option for our samples.
- All trade show booths have been converted to accommodate CFL light bulbs, our trade show bags are recycled brown bags, we now send a bare minimum of literature to shows, and would rather ship pertinent information to potential customers
- Increase on line advertising vs trade publications
- Hunter Gives Back - area on our web site which discusses about how we give back to the community through donations, fundraisers, etc.